MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

Wild Things

Wild Things - Chloe Neill, Sophie Eastlake I can't believe it. Book 9 of the Chicagoland Vampires by Chloe Neil, and I am officially caught up until August when Blood Games comes out. So far, it looks like there will be a total of 13 books in the series, and quite frankly with where this book ended and the current goals they have, I don't know if that is going to be enough.

The book starts up right on the heels of the end of Biting Bad. Ethan is making plans to leave the city since it looks like Mayor Kowalcyzk isn't going to back down anytime soon. The only recourse is to not be available, and hope that a diplomatic solution can be reached. It's been decided that they will go to the Breckenridge's estate while cooler heads try to prevail. The Breckenridge's live outside Chicago and have both the material and political capital to keep the Mayor from trying anything drastic at their estate. The plan is to hang out with Catcher, Mallory and the Pack during their yearly get together called Lupercalia.

But things are never simple when it comes to Chicago Supernatural gatherings. Especially when during the opening nights festivities, there is a Harpy attack that causes the deaths of 4 shifters and 1 is missing. In addition to all this fun, the GP sends a representative to censure the House due to the death that occurred in the last book. After the Mayor accuses all 3 Chicago House Leaders of being Domestic Terrorists, and the surprise appearance of a long believed extinct supernatural race, Merit is up to her neck in trouble.

Several books ago, it was hinted at that Merit and Ethan were going to have a child together, even though Vamps can't conceive and carry a child to term. I have wondered about this and nearly lost hope when Ethan was staked, but one he returned, I waited, impatiently for it to be brought back up. It is, in a big way, in this book. I'm not saying she gets pregnant, but we find out much more about the prophecy and what will be needed to be done to get there. This was a very action packed book and I loved every minute of it. I can't wait for the next book. This was a 5 star listen.