MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

The Redhead Plays Her Hand

The Redhead Plays Her Hand  - Alice Clayton This is the third book in the Redhead Series by Alice Clayton. I totally adored the first two books, The Unidentified Redhead and The Redhead Revealed. Grace and Jack held me spellbound from their first introduction. I'm not sure if this is the end of the series, but it felt done. I will miss Grace's smart mouth and Jack's easy going attitude. You know a book is great when days after you finish it, you are still thinking about sections you read.

Keili Lefkovitz continued to do a fabulous job on the timing, inflection and delivery of the story. I felt like I was right there with Grace, going through everything with her. She totally brought Grace and Jack to life for me.

Where the first book was all about Grace and Jack falling in love, and the second book dealt with Grace's personal issues, this book went the next level - the public. In this book, both Grace and Jack have to come to terms and deal with the publicity they are generating both as an are-they-or-aren't-they couple and as professional actors. Grace is finally hitting her stride and is able to confidently handle the press. Just in time of Jack to have his crisis. Grace had her's in the last book, now it is time for Jack's. I will admit that I was like "Finally" when Grace and Jack "outed" themselves as a couple.

The dialogue between the characters remained witty, sarcastic and so very realistic. Grace and Jack had to deal with some very real issues in this book, but thankfully they came through them, stronger then ever. (What? You did realize that they would be together at the end, right? It's a romance for pities sake!) I gave this book 5 stars making this a Must Read (or Listen To) series.