MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

The Redhead Revealed

The Redhead Revealed  - Alice Clayton This is the amazing follow-up to The Unidentified Redhead by Alice Clayton. This book literally picked up where the last one left off.

Grace was settled into New York, and working on a new production that would be brand new off Broadway. She was reconnecting with an old college friend, creating a new character from scratch, enjoying her co-workers, but missing Jack. Jack was in Hollywood, gearing up for the release of his new movie Time. The movie that their shared manager, Holly, is certain to launch him into the stratosphere of A-list celebrities. They are struggling to make a long distance relationship work, all the while keeping it under strict wraps. Plus Grace is still coming to terms with the fact that she is 9 years Jack's senior and he is hanging out with his ex-girlfriend, a very beautiful woman his own age.

The first book in the series was very romantic comedy; full of laughs and steamy smexy scenes. This book was more contemplative. Grace's issues come to a head in this book and the couple will need to be able to honestly communicate with each other about their wants and needs as a couple. Grace has to do some soul searching in this one. I admit that I shed some tears and wondered whether Gracie and her George were going to make it.

Keili Lefkovitz did such a fabulous job of putting me right there. The way she spoke, her inflections, pauses and dramatic telling of the story often made me think she was talking right to me. Sharing their story with a trusted girlfriend. She did such a good job, that I found myself unconsciously mimicking some of her phrasing and inflection in my own everyday conversations.

I wouldn't want to try and pick this book up without reading The Unidentified Redhead first, simply because this is a continuing story about a relationship between two people. So if you loved the first book, you will love this one as well. It was so good, I was literally sitting in my car at the end of the night, not wanting to pause the story until the next day. 5 star read, all the way.