MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

Have Yourself a Curvy Little Christmas: A Perfect Fit Holiday Novella

Have Yourself a Curvy Little Christmas: A Perfect Fit  Holiday Novella - Sugar Jamison I requested this novella from Netgalley because Dangerous Curves Ahead, the first book in the series was an absolute hoot and I couldn't wait to dig into another installment. This book is the story of Dina Gregory, the sister of the female protagonist in the first book. Dina came across as mean, a bit cruel and totally self-centered in the first book. She was an interesting character, but not very likable. I was very interested in seeing what Ms. Jamison was going to do with her.

We meet up with Dina about two years after the end of Dangerous Curves Ahead. She is in a small neighboring town to hunt down Virgil, the father of her 10 month old son Dash. She hasn't seen him since she found out she was pregnant, and he hasn't been answering her calls or emails, but she plans on demanding that he help provide for his child. Dina has been patient, but this is Dash's first Christmas. Dina got a mighty big wake up call when she found out she was pregnant and had her son, but she is working very hard at turning her life around. Dina wants to be the kind of person that Dash will one day be proud of, and if that means having a face to face confrontation with Virgil, then that is what is going to happen.

Unfortunately, Virgil is no longer able to be held responsible for his actions, as he died in a drunken skiing accident. Ben, Virgil's older brother, had been fascinated with Dina the one time he met her, but assumed that she was just one of Virgil's good time girls. Now that she has shown up with the very last of his family line in her arms, he talks her into staying through the holidays.

I really liked this novella. Ben and Dina are opposites in so many ways, and yet underneath it all, the story of two lost souls finding each other and becoming a family is hard not to like. I gave this 4 stars on Goodreads.