MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

Walking in Fire

Walking in Fire - Cathryn Cade The first book in the Hawaiian Heroes series by Cathryn Cade was super smokin hot, and not just from the lava. Last Christmas, I was lucky enough to win the book from a contest that the author ran on her website. It took a while for me to read it, but once I did I wondered why I kept putting it off. Let's just say that I kept picturing a cross being Alex O'Laughlin (Hawaii 50) and Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. *closes eyes and sighs*

This was an unique and interesting take on the local mythology. I don't want to spoil things for you, so let's just say that this story gives us a new take on old Hawaiian legends, and leave it to you to read all about. There was a nice mix of action and romance with the two protagonists starting off very confrontational with each other. Watching the sparks fly between two characters fighting their feelings always adds to a great novel. Throw in some danger, some misunderstanding and you get a quite lively read. I gave this 4 stars on Goodreads.