MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

The Volatile Amazon

The Volatile Amazon - Sandy James This is the the fourth and final book in the Alliance of the Amazons series by Sandy James. I was given an ARC of the book by the author for an honest review. This is the story of the Water Amazon, Sarita and takes place about a year after the closing of The Brazen Amazon. Sarita has been labeled as the weaker Amazon, mainly due to her small stature and forgiving nature. Add in all the problems she had early on with killing zombies and it's easy to see why the other three do what they can to protect her.

This story starts out a little different than the others. The first person we meet is Ian, though we don't know that at the time. He is stuck in Limbo, and though his heart burns with revenge, all he can do is put one foot in front of the other, walking back and forth, trapped forever in a bland monotony. Until a woman comes and promises him his revenge if she will worship and follow her.

Next we see all four of the Amazon patronesses consulting a seer. There they find out that the impending doom of mankind and the only person who may find a way to stop it is Sarita. This task she must do alone, without the aid of her trainers, sisters, or even their patronesses. Sarita must meet her destiny and find a way to save the world.

I just need to say, AMAZING!! I was hooked from the beginning and managed to devour this book in one sitting. There were so many twists and turns and OMG! moments. I went from laughing out loud to crying at emotional scenes in this book. You absolutely have to read the other books in the series to really get the most emotional impact, because after 3 books you know and are invested in the characters. This was a 5 star Goodreads rating for me and I can only hope that Ms. James will pick up the story with the Sons of Gaia. This is a universe too rich and unique to end after only 4 books.