MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

Starry Night

Starry Night - Debbie Macomber This is a stand alone Christmas themed Contemporary Romance novel by Debbie Macomber. I saw this book on NetGalley and just knew that I had to read it. Not only am I a long time fan of Debbie Macomber, but what is July without a little Christmas to remind us all about Peace on Earth and Good Will Towards Men.

The story opens with Carrie Slayton, finishing up from yet another society function she is covering for the Chicago Sun Times. Carrie has spent the last two years at the prestigious newspaper, but feels that her talent is being wasted on the society pages. She is ready to turn in her notice and move back to the Pacific Northwest, where her family is located, and look for another position there. When Carrie turns in her notice the next morning, and her editor realizes that she is serious, he gives her the nearly impossible task of finding and interviewing Finn Dalton. If she can score this interview, he will remove her from the society pages.

Finn Dalton is living in the Alaskan wilderness and has just written a mega bestseller on his experiences. He has not given interviews or allowed his picture to be on the book jacket so no one knows anything about him. Even though the media and press have all looked and searched for him, Finn has remained elusive. But Carrie knows that she has to try or she will never get off the society page; even using her Thanksgiving vacation to try and track Finn down. When Carrie manages to track down Fin Dalton's mother, she knows she is on the right track.

When Carrie finally manages to track Finn down, they end up snowed in for 2 days during a blizzard. Finn is furious that Carrie is there and feeling betrayed by his best friend who dropped her off. Finn and Carrie rub each other wrong from the very first. But 48 hours is a long time to be locked together in a small space and eventually they start to get to know one another.

This book was a good read. I really liked the themes of trust, forgiveness and family that were woven throughout the story. There was a minor tie in to her Midnight Sons series with the O'Halloran brothers, but mostly the book centers on Carrie, Finn and the two of them learning to trust each other. When this releases in October, if you are a Christmas fan like myself, you are going to want to make sure you add this to your reading list. It was worth 4 stars on Goodreads.