MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

The Spider

The Spider - Jennifer Estep The Spider is the 10th book in the Elemental Assassins series by Jennifer Estep. I have been a huge fan of this series since the first book and was thrilled to get the book through Netgalley. Ms Estep has kept me on the edge of my seat through out the series and though many series would be slowing down at this point, that is not the case here.

I will be honest and say that when I saw that this book wasn't really going to be furthering the plot line along, I wasn't expecting much. Of course I thought, 'Yeah! Another Gin book!' But who seriously wants to read a retrospect at book 10? I figured it to be a filler book, something to give us some background and hold us over until the next installment. Hoo Boy was I wrong.

This book started out slow, but eventually built into a massive moment of "OMG! I can't believe she did it." My respect for Ms. Estep as an author and storyteller continues to grow. The 10th book is a milestone, and the way that the story is presented, showcasing the the intricacies of the intertwining plots and foreshadowing that went all the way back to book one, blew my mind.

If you haven't had a chance to check out this series, this is NOT the book to start at. Go start with Spider's Bite, book one, and read the entire series. You won't be sorry you did. I gave this a solid 5 stars on Goodreads.