MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

Gone Country

Gone Country - Lorelei James This is the 14th book in the Rough Riders series by Lorelei James. I have one thing to say about Ms. James, She KNOWS Cowboys! Oh my, even when they aren't cowboys, but instead are ranchers or cops or - for heavens sake - businessmen, she KNOWS Cowboys. This series tells the story of the McKays. It spans all the children of 4 brothers, and by this book - is getting ready to get started on the grandchildren of those 4 original McKay brothers. I think that eventually I wouldn't mind seeing Ms. James go back and write the brothers stories as well.

As with all the other Rough Rider books, this story is set in Wyoming and many of the characters from the other novels make an cameo appearance somewhere in the story. I would NOT start with this book. With just the shear number of McKays, especially the ones whose first name begins with a C, will have you so confused you will want to give up. So do yourself a favor, go back and start with book 1, Long Hard Ride. Be warned, these books are erotic romance. They can get down right raunchy. But, they also have a romance and an HEA and tell a story full of real grit, sweat and muscle. If you don't want to immediately move to Wyoming and stake a claim on one of these cowboys, you might just want to check for a pulse.

I gave this book 3 stars on Goodreads. It is a solid story, but just didn't speak to me as much as some of the others have. Maybe it was his teenage daughter being a real pain in the ass, or her grown daughter being a jealous twit. Or maybe it was the fact that they just both seemed to move at a snail's pace around each other. I am still looking forward to the next book and can't wait to get my hands on it!