MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

Sapphire Angel (Gemstone Vampire Trilogy)

Sapphire Angel (Gemstone Vampire Trilogy) - Khloe Wren I have to admit that I am a fan of Khloe Wren. I have read the first two books in her Fire & Snow Series and just adored them. So getting a chance to review the first book in a new series was a no brainer. This book was a fairly fast read at about 70 pages and had a quite a bit of smexy in it, but it was an enjoyable read with a unique premise.

Vampires are known publicly. They are born, not made, and have 100 years to find their Eternal Bride. If they find and claim their Bride, they only take blood from her and must drink about every 3 days. They will know their Bride because their eye color will match their own, each a unique gemstone shade. If they are able to find their Bride, they can't claim her until she is at least 23 years old. For those unfortunate enough to not find their Bride within the allotted 100 years, they die. So finding their Bride is a HUGE deal for these vampires.

Of course, we have to have some bad guys in this equation. A group of men called "Nobles" who go to any means necessary to keep the vampire from his Bride, including kidnapping and murder. It's not till further in do we find out why they try to keep them apart, and the squick factor is high. And as with this story being part of a trilogy, there will be more on the Nobles to come in the next two books.

Normally, a Vampire and Bride meet, fall into each others arms and have the insta-love thing going on. But Darcy has just come out of a 5 year bad relationship. As in finding your boyfriend in the your bed, on your anniversary, having sex with someone else bad. Darcy makes Angelo work for her claiming, but this also happens as part of the larger story line of Nobles versus Vamps. This was a great quick read and I give it 3 stars.