MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

The Navy SEAL's E-Mail Order Bride

The Navy SEAL's E-Mail Order Bride - Cora Seton I have been eyeing the Cowboys of Chance Creek Series by Cora Seton for awhile. But it seemed like every time I looked, she had come out with another book. This is great for an ongoing fan. Prolific authors Rock! But not so much for someone like me, who is now being daunted by the shear number of books to catch up on. So I was thrilled to get a chance to start a new series with the author and maybe catch a glimpse of these Cowboys in her other series. Let me say, there wasn't a whole lot of these other cowboys, but I wasn't missing them with this hot, hot, hot SEAL turned cowboy.

The book starts with Mason calling his 3 younger brothers, all in different branches of the armed services. They have the opportunity to reclaim their family homestead, but to do so they will need to get the ranch up to full working condition, all be married, and someone has to have a baby on the way - all within a year. Nearly impossible, but the brothers agree they want this chance to get back their family heritage that was taken from them when their father died suddenly when they were too young to take over. Since Mason is the closest to getting out of the service, and the oldest, it will fall to him to get the ball rolling, both on getting the ranch ready, but also on getting married and expecting. To facilitate this, he places an online ad for all 4 of the brothers.

Regan is a woman who is tired of her biological clock ticking away while slaving away at a job she no longer enjoys. She has recently quit her job as a loan officer, moved into a very small apartment and set up an appointment for artificial insemination to get started on the child she desperately wants. She plans on starting a small company that will help people with the planning and paperwork for buying a home or starting a business, thereby getting back to what she originally loved about her job - helping people realize their dreams. On her first night in her new apartment, slightly tipsy from an entire bottle of wine, some tequila shots while playing a Pride and Prejudice drinking game, Regan answers Mason's online ad.

I so enjoyed the back and forth of Regan and Mason as they each got to know one another. First by emailing, then skyping and finally the face to face meeting. The author does a wonderful job of showing Mason as a take charge Alpha male without turning him into a condescending asshat. Mason listened to Regan, valued her opinion, but managed to retain his air of command and leadership. I'm not saying Regan was a push over, no way, no how. Especially not with the sneaky, sexy, obstacle course race she totally cheated at and the way she gave Mason's brothers a chewing out when they totally needed it. I am looking forward to the second book in the series. This was a 5 star read for me. Totally Loved It!!