MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

Love Potions (Entangled Covet)

Love Potions (Entangled Covet) - Michelle M. Pillow What is it about the Scottish that fascinate us so? It it the accent, all those growling burrs and lassies? The image of the highlands all green and mystical? Or is it simply the kilts? Through in some paranormal romance and I was so there. When I saw this book I was intrigued and thrilled that I was able to get it. I had put in a request through both the publisher and through Netgalley to double my chances and got a yes back from both.

The story opens with Lydia Barratt going about her typical day in Green Vallis, Wisconsin. Lydia has lived in Green Vallis all her life, from the time she was a small child. Lydia lived and worked in the house that her grandmother, a self-professed green witch, had left to her. Lydia wasn't sure that she believed in everything her grandmother had taught her, but she was starting to make a name for herself and her small business, Love Potions. While taking a load of lotions and soaps to be shipped out to the post office, she meets Erik MacGregor for the first time.

Erik MacGregor was in town to locate a suitable property for his extended family and clan. It was currently his turn to find a location that would be suitable for the dozens of family members who would be descending on whichever location Erik chose for their new home. In Green Vallis, he has found the right combination of energies and activities to keep the family from growing bored. It's not long before Erik finds himself completely enchanted by Lydia.

I was surprised by this book. Just about the time I thought I knew which direction the book was heading, the author would change things up. I liked that though Lydia wasn't aggressive, she wasn't a push over either. She held her ground and gave back just as good as she got. I especially liked that she didn't just fall at his feet, but made Erik work for the relationship. There were several times that I laughed out loud, and I admit to shedding some tears as well. Overall this book just worked for me. It is a solid 4 star read and a great start to a new series.