MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

Review: Neanderthal Marries Human by Penny Reid

Neanderthal Marries Human - Penny Reid

In September of 2013 I stumbled across this great book called Neanderthal Seeks Human by Penny Reid. The main character, Janie Morris, is a bit of a socially awkward geek. She has trouble making connections with people, but she manages to catch the eye and attention of Quinn Sullivan, head of a security company. When breaking up with her cheating boyfriend costs her her apartment and job, she goes to stay with her best friend, Elizabeth. It is through Elizabeth that we meet her Knitting Group. Janie becomes an honorary member, even though she doesn't knit. Each of the stories in the series covers one of the ladies in the knitting group.

I gave the first book 4 stars and when book 2, Friends without Benefits came out, I found it equally delightful, yet totally different. I was all set up to read book 3, when I found out about Neanderthal Marries Human, the story of Janie and Quinn's courtship and marriage. When I heard there would be some Quinn POV, I all but jumped up and down thrilled to get inside this sexy mystery man.

Janie continues to delight. We get a much deeper understanding of her family dynamics and how they shaped her into the person she is. We also get our first good look into Quinn. I must admit I really wasn't sure what to expect. He is both a little darker and a bit sweeter than I had imagined him. I thought there was much more growth as characters in this book for both Janie and Quinn. I am so glad I got a chance to see their continued journey together, and gave this 4 stars. Next up is Love Hacked, #3.