MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

Review: A Major Seduction by Marie Harte

A Major Seduction (Good to Go) - Marie Harte

I was thrilled after reading A Major Attraction to see that there would be more books in the series and was lucky enough that the publisher accepted my request to review them. This review is for book 2 in the series, but since Maria and Mike were actually married in Attraction and this stories takes place several years prior to it, it would work as a stand alone.

Maria Thompson is the best friend to Mike Cava's younger sister. Maria has been in love with Mike ever since she can remember. Her stunts to catch his attention ramped up when she turned 16 and took a much more mature tone when she turned 18.  But Mike has always only seen Maria as a younger sister type. Nothing she has done over the years had made a dent in his perception of her.  So now that she is 24 and Mike is going to be stationed at the nearby base, she has decided to move on.

Mike, on the other hand, is secretly pleased that Maria is always so glad to see him. He looks forward to her smiles and attention that are just for him. Mike gets quite the rude awakening when it becomes clear that Maria has no plans to dote on him as she has in the past.  She treats him as she has his brother Brad, just her friend Olivia's older brother.  Mike realizes that maybe it's time to acknowledge that Maria has grown up and their relationship can grow too.

Since this was a flashback, prequel sort of story, we know in advance that they will be getting together.  The questions are: 1) Who is going to muck it up on the road to the HEA, 2) How badly, and 3) How good is the make-up sex?  Here's a hint: it's Mike, it's pretty bad, and holy smokes it's good.  I am going with 4 stars, mainly because I was sucked quickly into the story and it kept me there.

Source: http://judy-ree.blogspot.com/2014/07/review-major-seduction-by-marie-harte.html