MuseAndRamble

Musings and Ramblings

Of a self professed bookworm and geek girl.

Review: Gentlemen Prefer Curves by Sugar Jamison

Gentlemen Prefer Curves

Perfect Fit, #3
Sugar Jamison

Genre: Contemporary Romance
Publisher: St. Martin's Paperbacks
Date of Publication: September 30, 2014
Number of pages: 385

Available at the following retailers:
Amazon     BN     Kobo     ARe     eBooks

Stuck. At thirty years old Belinda Gordon felt her life was at a total standstill. With her love life in the dumps, her best friends happily married and her parents smothering her, she decides her life needs a little bit of shaking up.

Just when Belinda is about to make a move, her estranged husband and the last man on earth she ever wants to see, Carter Lancaster, comes storming back into her life. And this time he's not taking no for an answer. Armed with his sweet daughter and a take no prisoners attitude, he's determined to win his wife back.

Can Belinda let go of their rocky past and let love in? Or will she let it prevent her from finding her happily ever after?

I have become a huge fan of the Perfect Fit series since I first discovered it. So I watched and waited for this book to arrive on Netgalley and request a copy to review.  I was not disappointed. Ms. Jamison has taken this series to the next level with this book.  All the wonderful characters that I have come to know and love were once again in appearance. This time though, it is Belinda's turn for romance.  And it turns out that Belinda has been keeping a big secret from her friends.

This book actually starts from Carter's perspective.  He finds out some ugly truths about the person taking care of his daughter and realizes that he is not the father he wants to be and decides to make a massive change in their lives.  It's not until they almost literally run into each other does Carter realize that Belinda, his estranged wife, has moved back to the last place he expected to find her - her hometown.  Carter had recently moved there, and is in the process of downsizing and adjusting his life to fit his daughter's. The daughter that had caused Belinda to walk out 5 years ago, after only 6 weeks of marriage.

Told from both Belinda's and Carter's perspectives, this is a story about forgiveness and second chances. It was emotional and funny, heartbreaking and moving - I couldn't put the book down. This was a 5 star read in a series I just can't get enough of.

Source: http://judy-ree.blogspot.com/2014/10/review-gentlemen-prefer-curves-by-sugar.html